Hi there! Welcome to BrickAnimation.com — a LEGO fan blog that focuses on stop-motion animation and filmmaking, featuring our favorite plastic building toy.
BrickAnimation.com is run by two guys named David:
- David Pagano is an award-winning animator and the “brains” behind Paganomation, the creative entity responsible for short films like Little Guys! and Playback; as well as things like Space Police, Adventures of Max, and the Red Brick Saga for The LEGO Group.
- David Pickett is a self-taught animator who produces The Nightly News at Nine, a wacky webseries about six crazy characters. He has also made a number of award-winning short animations under the moniker fallentomato.
- David and David have previously collaborated on projects showcasing the history and craft of brick animation, including: BrickJournal Issue 14, the annual Brickworld Film Festival, and an annual “Intro to LEGO Animation” workshop at Brickworld Chicago. This blog continues that tradition in an exciting new format.
In the coming months, we’re planning to feature posts about all aspects of the brick animation hobby:
- Highlighting the best animations made using LEGO bricks (“brick animations” for short)
- Hardware and software packages, and other useful items for the brick animators’ toolkit
- News, previews, and reviews of LEGO sets, fan-made accessories, and (of course) films
- Interviews with the foremost filmmakers in the LEGO fan community
- Tutorials covering animation techniques, tips, and tricks
- Contests TBA
- “And much more!”
If there’s something specific you’d like us to talk about, please let us know in the comments below! Thanks, and… ACTION